- Opening up your data as a company is great for potentially generating new business. But how to secure them? Here's a summary of references on how to secure APIs and mashups.
- "The Java EE Container Redeploy & Restart Report comes from a survey conducted over the summer, with over 1100 Java EE developer respondents. It analyzes time spent on the Redeploy and Restart process, and compares the following containers: GlassFish, Jetty, Tomcat, WebSphere and WebLogic. Among other results, this report shows that Java EE developers are spending 3 to 7 work weeks a year on redeploys and restarts, depending on their container of choice." Check also the comments here
Great reference in the comments for fast-change+ctrl-s+reload-browser experience with Weblogic FastSwap and Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse.
- The IntelliJ IDEA has gone open source for its Community Edition.
- How you could setup your support and maintenance solving the problem of keeping the knowledge and keeping it interesting for the people involved.
- Performance considerations and 4 anti-patterns in distributed applications.
- A review of some Java concurrency tips from Joshua Bloch, Brian Goetz and others.