- A short overview on what the differences are using Java in Google App Engine (and shortly mentioned in MS Azure) compared to "regular" JEE apps.
- Three Java serialization options compared: Java Serialization, JSON Serialization and Google Protocol Buffers. Check also the comments here. Another benchmarking set can be found here.
The protocol buffers solution was fastest in this test.
- The third edition of Mastering EJB, is now available for free download off of TSS as PDF. The new edition includes more than 30 percent revised material and five new chapters covering security, integration, best practices, new EJB 2.1 features, as well as the latest open source Java solutions
- Interesting read on the IT infrastructure (most of the article) in F1 racing.
Some quotes: "each car has roughly 100 sensors placed in key data capture positions and send anywhere up to 20 gigabyes of data back to the pits during a race."
"They are collecting four to six megabytes per lap. It depends on the track layout and the quality of the coverage but we transfer about 70 per cent in real time to the garage or the pits". And, did you know there's a connection with the factory during the race?
- A funny observation that CSS has quite something in common with Aspect Oriented Programming! Includes a table which shows the similarities.